Want to work in human resources for a leading social enterprise operating in the events and creative industries?
Connection Crew is seeking a Resources Manager – applications for the position are open now until 9am on Monday 16th March.
Based in our London office, the Resources Manager is responsible for making sure the business has all the resources it requires to operate to the highest achievable standards and continue to grow.
This central role requires someone with the capability to run their own department, owning HR, recruitment and facilities management to ensure we have enough of the right people in our team whilst running our building to meet their needs.
The role is detailed and challenging so we are looking for someone with a relentless dedication to systems and processes, humour and outstanding people skills and an unwavering enthusiasm to see our exciting business well-resourced and thriving.
A pathological eye for detail, extreme personal organisation and the ability to work and remain calm under pressure are essential.
Recruitment and HR Responsibilities:
• Manage all the recruitment and induction processes for new crew
• Facilitate all interviews, training sessions and inductions, ensuring trainers have accurate and up to date attendance lists, materials and training assets
• Manage online CRM for job sites maintaining pipeline to recruitment process
• Operate our state-of-the-art digital onboarding process managing HR and recruitment admin
• Work with Managers to maintain and update training assets
• Ensure statutory and legal HR requirements are being met for record keeping in line with best practice
• Manage the stock of crew kit and order more as required
• Administrate the review process – schedule meetings, ensure contracts are kept up to date, support managers with info gather and comms where required
Facilities Management Responsibilities:
• Manage meeting room calendars
• Manage staff holiday and availability calendars
• Monitor office supplies and order when needed (paper, ink, pens etc.) including perishables as required
• Manage the cleaners/cleaning rota
• Lead on Building maintenance requirements and manage contractors accordingly
• Company lead on IT support and liaison managing the relationship with IT supplier
• Collaborating with Directors to deliver any development of the building and premises
• Ensuring all fire safety systems are maintained and in full working order
• Ensure all Health and Safety in the workplace requirements are being met for all activities taking place within the building
• Exercising budget control
• Excellent communicator with superb people skills
• Demonstrable experience in Human Resource management or recruitment
• Excellent IT proficiency
• Likeable and relatable while exuding gravitas and authority; able to lead and inspire while also being supportive and approachable
• Experience liaising at all levels within organisations
• Able to work effectively and reliably in an informal environment
• Able to work autonomously whilst also knowing when and how to use the expertise of others in the business
• Excellent administrator, highly organised and able to influence others to be the same
• The desire to take ownership of a challenge
• Proven ability to manage others in a team to galvanise around shared challenges and deliver KPI’s into a business
• Strong team player who can own mistakes and share successes
• High tolerance of ‘Dad’ jokes and bad puns
As a social enterprise, Connection Crew is a unique organisation that successfully marries industry leading performance with ground-breaking social outputs. We aim for 25% of our workforce to be made up from ex-homeless individuals and for profits from trading to go to Connection at St Martin’s charity for the homeless. Not only does Connection Crew operate at the highest level in the events industry, it is widely recognised as one of the UK’s leading social enterprises.
• Start Date: from April 2020
• Salary: £30k to £40k negotiable
• Contract Type: Full Time/Permanent
• Paid Leave:33 days including 8 days statutory bank holidays (5 days must be
taken at Christmas)
• Contracted: 40 hours per week minimum
• Review: 6 monthly
• Package includes: Pension, Cycle to Work Scheme
Deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 16th March 2020.
To apply for the position please send your CV and cover letter to Warren Rogers, Director, Connection Crew at: email@example.com