The Employment Programme is an engaging and hands-on employment preparation programme for people who’ve experienced or are at risk of homelessness, and people furthest from the job market. It’s aimed at those who are motivated by practical and physical work, but would like to feel more confident in professional settings.
The Employment Programme will include:
- Practical Training: from stage building to setting up lights and AV – participants will learn transferrable job skills and core manual handling techniques.
- Interactive Workshops: participants will build confidence in digital skills, planning their finances, how to deal with the unknown and self-care with us and our programme partners.
- Participants will also have access to 1 to 1 coaching sessions, a guaranteed interview with Connection Crew, and introductions to other social employers.
Participants will gain:
- Event Crewing skills and knowledge
- Core manual handling skills
- Experience working in a team
- Problem solving skills
- Improved confidence and professional communication
- Good working habits: timekeeping, attendance, scheduling
- Confidence in using a smartphone to aid work and personal life organisation incl. journey planning
- An introduction to financial planning/budgeting
- Toolkit for self-care
- Inspiration for their future focus and introductions to social employers
- References for future employers
- Travel and lunches covered for the duration of the programme
We expect participants to:
- Be physically in shape (the training will include heavy lifting)
- Be motivated and open to learning new skills
- Be free of any alcohol or drug dependency
- Have somewhere stable to sleep and make food
- Have access to a smartphone
- Be thinking about moving towards employment or an alternative positive progression
- Disclose any convictions or court orders which may limit availability or access to public areas
- Be based in London and be prepared to travel to different venues
- Be age 18 or over
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Have support from a charity-based job coach (or someone similar)
When is it?
The Employment Programme will run over 6 days in January 2020: Tuesday 14th, Wednesday 15th, Thursday 16th, Tuesday 21st, Wednesday 22nd and Thursday 23rd.
Participants must attend and participate in all 6 days of the Employment Programme in order to graduate and receive a reference for future opportunities.
The Graduation event will take place on Tuesday 28th January 2020.
Sounds great! How do I apply?
The programme kicks off at our Test + Build Day on Wednesday 8th January 2020 9am – 1.30pm.
This will be a taster of the full programme as well as the final application stage for the full Employment Programme.
Interested applicants and their job coaches (or similar) should start their application for the programme by reserving their place and registering for the Test + Build Day below.
For further information please contact:
Alice Adams, Impact Officer, Connection Crew | email@example.com | 020 7231 8117